Making Massanutten Military Academy Affordable
Tuition Assistance Options
All Installment Payment Plan Options require Smart Tuition and require the execution of a promissory note with a finance charge of 6% per annum, and a truth-in-lending disclosure. These documents will become a part of the Enrollment Contract.
Smart Tuition Management is an online tuition management and payment processing company. Smart Tuition charges an enrollment fee to use its services. Parents choosing the Installment Payment Plan Options agree to set up a Smart Tuition agreement and make their installment payments via automatic account withdrawals using Smart Tuition.
- $1,500 discount for full year enrollment/$750 discount for 2nd Semester enrollment and the discount is renewable each year
- Parent/Guardian must be active military, veterans, or active First Responders (law enforcement officers, emergency medical personnel (EMT), firefighters)
- Must provide a DD214 to verify your Military Service or a copy of your ID or Badge and proof of 1st Responder status ID or Badge
- Will receive tuition reduction on tuition to be paid (after financial aid reduction)
Pete Wenk Scholarship
The Pete Wenk Scholarship will be awarded to one or two students that meet the below criteria:
- Must audition
- Sight read basic high school level music
- Participate actively in music program
- Maintain a "B" average
The scholarship is for $5,000. To schedule an audition, please email both Mr. Fisher and Mrs. Elshafie-Layman:
Mason Fisher: [email protected]
Kim Elshafie-Layman: [email protected]
Steve and Kim Rehman Scholarship
The scholarship application process has been closed, and the scholarship has been awarded. Click here for more information on the scholarship recipient.
The Steve and Kim Rehman Scholarship is a 4-year scholarship presented to a rising freshman with at least a 3.0 GPA and in good standing. Applicants must submit an essay on why they want to attend Massanutten.
The scholarship will cover half of tuition, room & board for a total of $14,500/year. The remainder of the tuition, room & board, and fees are the responsibility of the applicant.
- $750 discount for full year enrollment per sibling
- $325 discount for 2nd semester enrollment per sibling
- Needs based
- Follow the steps in the below section "How to Apply For Financial Aid". Parent financial statement, tax and wage documentation is required.
- The Massanutten rebate program* is available to all families. Families can participate in the rebate program by referring new cadets to enroll at MMA. For each new cadet that enrolls without financial assistance, you will receive up to $1,000 for referring a new student!
- You must notify the Academy in writing of the referral family to be credited.
- The referred cadet must pay in full (Financial Aid of any kind disqualifies the referral).
*The program does not apply to Day Students-only full pay Boarding Students referrals. Payment will be made once the referred, boarding student is enrolled, and full tuition must be paid. Financial Aid of any kind disqualifies the referral.
Financial Aid Application Process
To begin the financial aid application process for Grades 5-12, please follow the steps below.
Please note that financial aid is NOT AVAILABLE for PG Basketball players or Summer School.
- Visit https://sssandtadsfa.force.com/familyportal to apply for SY2022-23.
- Click on Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) for the academic year SY2022-23. (In the case of divorce or separation, both parents are required to complete the PFS form.) On November 1, 2022 the new academic year will open for SY2023-24.
- Create an account. Remember to save your user name and password.
- MMA school code is 905138.
- Follow the step-by-step directions to complete and submit the online application. Be aware: There is a non-refundable fee of $55 and online applications are usually processed within 72 hours.
- Upload a copy of your 2021 Federal Tax Return 1040, with all supporting schedules and forms, including K-1s, Form 1065 or 1120s along with the Schedule E from those who have Partnership, S-Corporation or Trust involvement.
- Upload a copy of your 2021 W-2/1099 Tax and Wage Statement(s).
If you need help with completing the PFS or uploading your tax information, then contact the NAIS Help Desk at (800)-344-8328.
NAIS School & Student Services (SSS) Parent Support - Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
• (800) 344-8328 toll-free
Your Parent Financial Statement (PFS) is verified with your tax return and then, after your child has been accepted, reviewed by the Finance Committee. The committee will also consider the potential for income to be earned by a non-working parent. The decision for an award is based on the affordability determined by your PFS and the funds available in our budget. SSS/Financial Aid applications will not be considered complete until we receive the supporting 2019 Tax documentation. All financial information is kept secure and confidential.
It is very important to note that applying for financial aid has no bearing upon the Admissions Committee’s deliberation and assessment of student’s potential as a MMA student. Decisions regarding admission to MMA and eligibility for financial aid are made independently of each other. The amount of financial aid awarded averages 15% off of the total tuition for the school year. Financial aid awards do not include uniform fees or other additional fees. The non-refundable deposit is required prior to registration.
Massanutten Military Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.