Safety Protocols 2020-2021
Massanutten staff has disinfected buildings and added signage to prepare for cadets and visitors to return to campus with safety measures in place. We are continuing to follow the CDC guidelines for schools for on-campus learning.
We have also made some adjustments to the Academic Calendar.
The current policies and procedures:
- increased disinfection
- signage to promote health and safety measures
- social distancing floor stickers
- hand sanitizer stations throughout campus
- quarantining all cadets for the first 14 days on campus and providing classes via Canvas
- ensuring one cadet per room for the first 14 days on campus
- altering the school calendar to limit travel to and from campus
- designated quarantine housing in case there is a COVID-19 positive case or exposure
- screening those on campus for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms
- social distancing measures in classrooms and other shared spaces
- use of masks
- replacing sports with organized PT
- prohibiting cadets from sharing personal items with others
- air purifiers have been installed in classrooms, mess hall, and Caskey Auditorium
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do parents have to come to campus any time a cadet returns to campus?
Yes, a parent or guardian is required to bring a cadet back to campus.
2. Will the cadets be able to order take-out food on the weekends during and/or after the 14 day quarantine?
Yes, the cadets will be able to order take-out after the two-week quarantine, but they will have to pay by credit card. They will not be allowed to use cash as we are trying to limit contact.
*This applies to cadets in good standing only.
3. Can the cadets bring snacks with them on registration day?
Yes, cadets may bring snacks with them on registration day, but it must meet requirements set forth in the Cadet Handbook (14 individual servings). The snacks must be able to fit in the cadet footlocker.
4. Can parents send care packages to cadets during the school year?
Yes, parents may absolutely send their cadets care packages throughout the year. We request that anything sent meets the requirements in the Cadet Handbook.
5. Am I allowed to visit my cadet on campus?
Yes, you may visit your cadet on campus. You will be required to check in at the infirmary for a health screening and will have to wear a mask. Cadets will be required to quarantine for 14 days after the visit.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our cadets, faculty, and staff. Above all, we look forward to reconnecting and engaging with our cadets and MMA families for the 2020-2021 school year. If you would like to speak to an Admissions team member regarding enrollment, please email [email protected] or call 540-459-2167 Ext. 1.