The Annual Fund

For over 116 years Massanutten Military Academy has been a place where young men and women could come to prepare for their future success. MMA does this by offering our cadets not only a superior educational experience but by also offering structure through our tradition of cadet based leadership and JROTC. To achieve this at MMA requires an environment built on collaboration, critical thinking and innovation.
It is in this spirit of collaboration, critical thinking and innovation that we have achieved great success. In the past year we have had some amazing news, including:
  • The JROTC program is run with passion and dedication. Our JROTC magnet school program allows local Central High School students to attend their JROTC classes here on campus with MMA instructors.
  • Over 80% of our faculty hold advanced degrees in their field of study.
  • Ranked 11th among all private schools in VA according to (based on student statistics and parent surveys).
  • 2nd year of 100% college acceptance among graduates.
  • Return of our Alumni Council so that Alumni have input into MMA and role in MMA’s future success
  • Completion of our Lamp post initiative through the generous donations of the class of 1965.
  • Strong community based involvement through Relay for Life, Red Cross Blood Drives, our joint JROTC Raiders, Rifle and Lacrosse teams, and the use of our facilities by Little League Baseball.
  • 2nd year of 100% Faculty Support of the Annual Fund.
MMA is one of only 14 remaining Co-Ed military boarding schools in the country (according to the Association of Military Colleges & Schools). We are striving to be the BEST Co-Ed Military Boarding School in the country and with your help we can get there. That is why your donation to the Annual Fund is so important. The Annual Fund at MMA serves to make up for the difference between the cost of tuition and the cost of running the school. Traditionally in a tuition based private school tuition only covers roughly 80% of the day to day costs, the remaining 20% is made up through donations and endowments. MMA is running a lean budget with an Academy wide focus on making every dollar count and stretching that dollar as far as possible.

Massanutten Military Academy taught me discipline, attention to detail, and how to take responsibility.It also helped me create an extremely solid base of unique leadership skills to build off of at the United States Military Academy and use later on in both the army and the civilian sector.

-Oak McCulloch
Massanutten Military Academy is a co-ed non-profit boarding and day school for grades 612.