To begin the financial aid for private school application process for Grades 6-12, please follow the steps below:
- Visit http://sssbynais.org/parents beginning November 1.
- Click on Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) for academic year 2017-18. If it is no longer available, select academic year 2018-19.
- Create an account. Remember to save your user name and password.
- Massanutten school code is 905138.
- Follow the step-by-step directions to complete and submit the online application. Be aware: There is a non-refundable fee of $39 and online applications are usually processed within 72 hours.
- Upload a copy of your 2016 Federal Tax Return 1040, with all supporting schedules and forms, including K-1s, Form 1065 or 1120s along with the Schedule E from those who have Partnership, S-Corporation or Trust involvement.
- Upload a copy of your 2016 W-2/1099 Tax and Wage Statement(s).
Your Parent Financial Statement (PFS) is verified with your tax return and then, after your child has been accepted, reviewed by the financial aid committee. The committee will also consider the potential for income to be earned by a non-working parent. The decision for an award is based on the affordability determined by your PFS and the funds available in our budget.
It is very important to note that applying for financial aid has no bearing upon the Admissions Committee’s deliberation and assessment of student’s potential as a MMA student. Decisions regarding admission to MMA and eligibility for financial aid are made independently of each other.
SSS/Financial Aid applications will not be considered complete until we receive the supporting 2016 Tax documentation. Military documentation can also be uploaded to the SSS/Financial Aid application. All financial information is kept secure and confidential.The amount of financial aid averages 20% of the total tuition for the school year. Financial aid awards do not include uniform fees or other additional fees. The non-refundable deposit is required prior to registration.