High School (Grades 9-12)
At Massanutten's Military Academy's military school for teens, we focus on improving and building young men and women to their highest potential. Our program helps teens increase moral and confidence while developing academically.
Honors, AP & Dual Enrollment Courses
*Course availability is based on student interest each year.
- Honors courses offered in all core classes.
- High School cadets may apply for honors course credit in any high school core discipline (Math, English, Science, or Social Studies)
- *AP courses are available in:
- English Literature & Composition
- U.S. Government & Politics
(Students should be able to read a college-level textbook and write grammatically correct, complete sentences. The minimum requirement for potential AP students is to have earned at least a B in US History and in English 11 or obtain the professor’s approval (only under certain circumstances). Students must be intellectually curious and independent readers to succeed in these classes.)
- U.S. History
(Students should be able to read a college-level textbook and write grammatically correct, complete sentences. The minimum requirement for potential AP students is to have earned at least a B in World History and in English 10 or obtain the professor’s approval [only under certain circumstances]. Students must be intellectually curious and independent readers to succeed in these classes.)
- World History
- National testing takes place in early May. For the convenience of our students, the MMA campus is an official College Board AP Testing Site.
- *Dual enrollment courses are available through Shenandoah University. These classes are taught on the MMA campus by approved faculty members. We currently offer:
- College Preparatory Diploma is our standard graduation certificate
- Advanced Diploma recognizes outstanding achievement upon completion of additional requirements in math (pre-calculus and higher), foreign languages (three years or more), and other criteria of excellence.
In addition to the two diplomas offered, MMA Cadets who complete four years of JROTC or four years of one STEM track will receive a seal on their diploma recognizing the achievement.
Our cadets take classes in each of the four core subject areas each year: English, History, Math, and Science.
Cadets also take at least two years of foreign language.
Electives in Art, Drama, and Music are offered to meet your own particular needs for college preparation. New for the 2021-2022 Academic Year, high school cadets can also choose elective courses in Virtual Reality and Anthropology.
Below you will find the class lists for each certificate. Both diplomas are designed to meet college/university admissions criteria.